Q&A with an NT Driver

Driver: Lukasz, 28, from Poland
 
How long have you been driving trucks?
7 years.

How long have you worked at Nolan Transport?
Since January 2011.

Can you describe your last job?
So, I started in France with a collection in Rennes and drove up to Caen. I got the night ferry from Caen to Portsmouth and the next day I drove to Carlisle in Cumbria to offload. Next I drove to Blyth for a collection and back to Liverpool to drop the trailer at the port.

What is your favourite country to drive in?
I like driving in France because the roads are really good and it has the best signage in all of Europe.

What is your favourite country to eat in?
Spain.

Favourite meal there?
Paella!

What do you like to eat when you go home to Poland?
Bigos, which is cabbage with meat.

What do you like about the job?
I love having so much knowledge about Europe – the countries and the roads.

What do you not like about your job?
Not knowing if, or when, there will be work.

Did you always want to be driver?
Yes, since I was a little boy. My father was a lorry driver too. It’s in the blood.

Do you eat Yorkie bars?
Yes. I love all the chocolate!

Catherine, March 2013


 

To see more pictures from Lukasz check out our Drivers Photo section of our Gallery @ http://www.nolantransport.com/gallery.php

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Into Light

Sulphur Emission Control Areas (SECA)

Nolan Group acquires John Raymond Transport Limited